These guidelines were created to help you navigate working with Mondelēz International Foodservice and to ensure the integrity of our brands and trademarks. To achieve a smoother approval process, we strongly encourage you to connect directly with the Foodservice team in advance of initiating creative work; however, you can refer to these guidelines when creating assets, cobranded products, recipes or programs featuring our brands.
For further information with respect to these guidelines, please contact us here.
Mondelēz International group (“MDLZ”) trademarks, logos, designs and trade dress are valuable assets. These guidelines (“Guidelines”) are intended for Licensees of the Mondelēz International group (“MDLZ”) that want to use our trademarks in connection with packaging, product, advertising and promotional materials, according to the rights granted to you by MDLZ in a trademark license agreement or letter of consent. However, if we provide you with trademark usage guidelines in your license agreement, please follow those guidelines instead.
By using our trademarks, you acknowledge that MDLZ is the sole owner of the trademarks and that you will not interfere with MDLZ rights in the trademarks, including registration anywhere in the world of such trademarks alone or with other elements. You also acknowledge that you will not misuse or cause reputational damage to our trademarks. The goodwill derived from using MDLZ trademarks exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to MDLZ, except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under the license agreement or letter of consent. No other rights are granted by these Guidelines.
These guidelines may be changed at any time by Mondelēz International Foodservice at its sole discretion. Changes will be posted on this website.
General Advertising Guidelines
All communications should follow guidelines set forth in this page. Promotional and advertising material, whether printed, digital, radio, labels, packaging, etc. must be submitted for approval. Please allow 15 working days for material approvals.
- Respect our Marketing to Children Policy. You can find more information here.
- Do not use our trademarks with sensitive content such as political matters or religion.
- We strongly encourage working directly with your Mondelēz International Foodservice team in advance of any creative work being initiated to ensure all marketing guidelines are considered and being met and a smooth approval process.
MENU/NAMING OF PRODUCT
- Name of the product that will use our trademark(s) must be approved by Mondelēz International Foodservice.
MERCHANDISING & MARKETING SUPPORT MATERIALS REQUIRING CUSTOM IMAGERY
- Creative designs that require a photo shoot should be submitted as white paper concepts or descriptions provided prior to photo shoot for approval.
TV / VIDEO / PRESS RELEASES
- Provide concepts, storyboards and text to Mondelēz International Foodservice early in the process to ensure a more efficient approval process.
- Edited versions must be submitted for final approval and records.
DIGITAL / SOCIAL MEDIA
- You may tag our trademarks (eg: @oreo, @sourpatchkids, @chipsahoy) once content is approved.
- Use of our trademark(s) must be followed by the ® symbol. Jump to Trademarks & Logos for more details.
- Included the trademark attribution line to give notice of Mondelēz International Foodservice’s ownership of its trademark(s). Jump to Attributions for details.
- Creative should only include the trademarks featured in the materials.
Trademarks and Logos
Our trademark and logos should not be altered, cropped, obscured, distorted, color modified, touching other elements or modified in any way.
- Display trademarks in ALL CAPS (preferred) or Bold to set it apart from the rest of the text.
- Use a ® symbol and generic name next to the trademark and logo.
- e.g. OREO® Cookies, SOUR PATCH KIDS® Bitz, RITZ® Crackers.
- Our trademark should be used as an adjective. Do not use the trademark in the plural or possessive form, or as verb or noun.
- e.g. “OREOs” is not permitted; “OREO® Cookies” is permitted.
- Show a clear separation between your company/brand logos and Mondelēz International Foodservice trademarks and logos.
- To request logos of the following brands, please contact us here.
- Made with OREO Cookies
- Made with OREO Cookie Pieces
- CHIPS AHOY!
- Made with Chunky CHIPS AHOY! Cookie Pieces
- NILLA Wafers
- NUTTER BUTTER
- Made with NUTTER BUTTER Cookie Pieces
- SOUR PATCH KIDS
- Made with SOUR PATCH KIDS Bitz
- SWEDISH FISH
- RITZ Crackers
- Made with RITZ Crackers
Proper Naming and Menu Mentions
We take great care to protect the integrity of our iconic brands. As such, incorporating our trademarks directly into new products or recipe names is prohibited. However, there are easy ways you can include our brand names to benefit from their power and recognition. Examples below.
Do: Amazing Shake made with OREO® Cookies; S’mores made with OREO® Cookies
Don’t: OREO-mazing, S’mOREO, OREOlicious.
Due to trademark law provisions, certain implications might be made as a result of menu branding. For example, a menu item by the name of OREO® Pie might be perceived as being made directly by the company that owns the OREO trademark, which it is not. For this reason, the name of the product using our trademark(s) must be approved by Mondelēz International Foodservice. Here are a few examples of what is and is not acceptable.
Menu Mention: Description
Our trademark(s) is properly represented in this case as it is listed in the ingredient description.
COOKIES & CREAM SHAKE
A smooth creamy old-fashioned ice cream shake with real OREO® Cookie Pieces mixed right in.*
*APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED IF USED AS PRESCRIBED HERE
Menu Mention: Recipe/Product Name
A trademark license or a letter of consent from Mondelēz International Foodservice is required in the following cases:
1. Product Is Used as an Ingredient:
Uses our trademark(s) in the name of the menu offer “featuring” or “made with.”
COOKIES & CREAM SHAKE MADE WITH OREO® COOKIES
A smooth creamy old-fashioned ice cream shake with real OREO® Cookie Pieces mixed right in.
2. Naming Implies the Product Is Made by Mondelēz International Foodservice:
For items made back of house in restaurant where the product will be served, do not use our trademark(s) in such a way that it might imply that the menu item is made directly by our company.
OREO® COOKIE SHAKE
A smooth creamy old-fashioned ice cream shake with real OREO® Cookie Pieces mixed right in.
3. Product Is Made Off-Site
Items made in a separate location from where product will be served requires further quality inspection/audit review.
OREO® COOKIE ICE CREAM CAKE
A chocolate ice cream cake made with real OREO® Cookie Pieces mixed right in.
Menu Mention: Co-Branded Products
You may only use a flavor descriptor before the OREO name if using that specific OREO product.
SHAKE MADE WITH ORIGINAL COOKIES & FLAVORED SYRUP
OREO® COOKIE MINT SHAKE made with OREO® Cookies and mint syrup
SHAKE MADE WITH FLAVORED COOKIES
MINT OREO® COOKIE SHAKE made with Mint OREO® Cookies
Standards of Photography
Please follow these guidelines when photographing any products. To request more detailed foodservice photography guidelines, please contact Licensing@mdlz.com.
DO NOT ROTATE OR FLIP
DO NOT CUT COOKIE
Embossed OREO full name needs to be legible on any broken cookie images
DO NOT SHOW MORE THAN A SINGLE SERVING SIZE
Serving sizes vary based on package type, so please refer to your packaging. However, consumer packages often follow these serving sizes:
- 3 OREO Cookies
- 2 OREO Double Stuf
- 1 OREO Most Stuf
- 4 OREO Thins
- 3 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- 2 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies
DO NOT BE UNREALISTIC WHEN SHOWING AMOUNT OF COOKIE PIECES
When showing a product, the item should represent the amount of product that is actually used.
DO NOT USE ANY ILLUSTRATION OR PRODUCT RENDERING
Unless specifically provided by Mondelēz International Foodservice.
Attribution line copy should be included on any materials using the Mondelēz International Foodservice trademarks. The copy can be treated as legal copy on printed materials (no smaller than 5.5 pts), included in TV advertising, (final frame) and used in radio/audio (when :30 seconds or longer).
TRADEMARK ATTRIBUTION LINE
- OREO is a trademark of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
- OREO and the OREO Wafer Design are trademarks of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
- SOUR PATCH KIDS and the SOUR PATCH KIDS Design are trademarks of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
OTHER ATTRIBUTION LINE COPY
Adding in Multiple Brands:
- Add all the Mondelēz International Foodservice trademark(s). Example: OREO and CHIPS AHOY! are trademarks of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
“Used With Permission”
- To be used if you have obtained a letter of consent instead of a license agreement. Example: OREO is a trademark of Mondelēz International group, used with permission.
When Using “AMERICA’S FAVORITE COOKIE®”/“SOUR. SWEET. GONE®.”/ “SOUR THEN SWEET®”
- Place in ALL CAPS, source and include in the attribution line. Example: SOUR. SWEET. GONE is a trademark of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
For Radio/Audio That Is :30 or Longer:
- OREO is a trademark of Mondelēz International group.
Join our Let's Chat Snacks community and be the first to know when we drop new articles, trends and insights with updates delivered directly to your inbox.