Mac 'n Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes made with RITZ Crackers
- 8largegolden new potatoes (29 oz.)
- 8 oz.uncookedelbow macaroni
- 1¼ oz.unsalted butter
- 1 oz.all-purpose flour
- 20 oz.warmwhole milk
- 1½ tsp.mustard powder
- 4½ oz.finely shreddedsharp Cheddar cheese
- 1½ oz.chopped cookedbacon
- 4¼ oz.RITZ Crushed Crackers, finely ground
- 1 oz.unsalted butter, melted
- ½ oz.finely shreddedsharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp.choppedfresh parsley
Nutrition per serving
Boil potatoes on medium heat until tender; drain. Set aside until cool. Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour to make roux. Cook about 4 min. or until raw flour aroma is gone, stirring frequently. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth after each addition. Whisk in mustard. Bring to boil. Simmer on low heat, uncovered, 3 min. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni and bacon; set aside.
Combine ingredients; set aside.
Cut potatoes horizontally in half; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. (Reserve centers for another use.) Fill each potato half with 1.5 oz. macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 oz. Crumb Topping. Arrange on sheet pan.
Bake in 400°F standard oven 9 to 10 min. or until filling is hot. Plate 2 pieces per serving.