Breakfast Bowls made with RITZ Crackers
Tater tots made with RITZ Crackers anchor this flavor-forward recipe that brings the best of the all-day breakfast and global flavor trends to the table.
- 15 oz.russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and finely mashed
- 3½ oz.finely crushedRITZ Crackers
- 1 tsp.garlic powder
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- ¼ tsp.salt
- 4 cupsfinely crushedRITZ Crackers
- 1 Tbsp.milk
- 4 cupscoarsely crushedRITZ Crackers
- 11 oz.chickenchorizo sausages, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 11 oz.avocados, chopped
- 10 oz.ranchero sauce, warmed
- 1 oz.crumbledcojita cheese
- 4eggs, cooked sunny-side up
- 1 tsp.choppedfresh cilantro
- 1lime, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ tsp.ground black pepper
Nutrition per serving
Gently mix potatoes, 3.5 oz. cracker crumbs and seasonings until evenly combined. Shape mixture into 3/4-oz. balls.
Roll each ball in fine cracker crumbs, dip in combined egg and milk, then coat with coarse cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to assemble, cook Potato Tots in 375°F deep fryer 5 to 10 min. or until golden brown. Pan-fry sausage in skillet on medium heat until golden brown.
Place 8 fried Potato Tots in bottom of an individual casserole bowl. Top with 2-3/4 oz. sausage, 2-3/4 oz. avocados, 2-1/2 oz. ranchero sauce, 1/4 oz. cheese, 1 cooked egg and 1/4 tsp. cilantro. Serve immediately with 2 lime wedges.