Mini Crab Cakes on Vegetable Slaw made with RITZ Crackers
- 6 oz.apple juice
- 7 oz.bistro sauce
- 4 oz.maplesyrup
- 2 oz.coarsely choppedpecans, toasted
- salt and black pepper
- 3 lb.Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1½ lb.fennel bulbs
- 1¼ lb.celery root (celeriac)
- 1 lb.carrots, peeled
- 6 oz.raisins
- 6 oz.coarsely choppedpecans, toasted
- 6 oz.green onions, diagonally sliced
Mini Crab Cakes
- 2¾ lb.lumpcrabmeat, flaked
- 1¼ lb.RITZ Crushed Crackers
- 2 oz.fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 oz.fresh jalapeño peppers, small dice
- 6 oz.mayonnaise
- 2 oz.chipotle-limemustard
- ½ oz.fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp.Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp.Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 10½ oz.canola oil
- 4 tsp.lemon zest
Nutrition per serving
Apple-Pecan Dressing: Process all ingredients in food processor until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Vegetable Slaw: Slice apples, fennel, celery root and carrots into thin julienne strips with mandolin; place in large bowl. Add raisins, pecans and onions; mix lightly.
Mini Crab Cakes: Combine crabmeat, 1 qt. of the crushed crackers, parsley and jalapeno peppers.
Beat eggs, dressing, mustard, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce with whisk in large bowl. Add crabmeat mixture; stir until blended. Season with salt and black pepper. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining 3 cups crushed crackers. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For each serving: Cook 3 Mini Crab Cakes in 2 tsp. hot oil on medium-high heat 5 min. or until heated through and golden brown, turning occasionally. Toss about 1-1/4 cups Vegetable Slaw with 2 Tbsp. Apple-Pecan Dressing; spoon onto plate. Top with crab cakes and 1/8 tsp. lemon zest.